Tuesday, December 31, 2013
1) Appendicitis does not always happen like people say it does.
2) Kindergarten is just as boring now as it was 28 years ago, only now I'm the one having to explain to MY kid why she HAS to go.
3) I don't drink enough water.
4) I hate water.
5) If I block out the little perfectionist voice in my head that wants to edit everything as I go I can do an incredible amount of writing in a short amount of time.
6) Writing is still my greatest passion.
7) Things don't have to be perfect and that is okay.
8) Time spent with the people who are important is worth more than any gift.
9) There is nothing wrong with asking for help when you need it.
10) There is still stuff that can give me nightmares.
I'm sure there's more but it slips my mind in the moment. I do however look forward to continuing to learn over the coming year.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Ah, December...how glad I am to have found my way here. It seems like November went by in such a blur of running around doing too many things, not getting enough things actually done, being sick, sick kids, disappointment and oh yeah my first NaNoWrMo. Can't tell you how glad I am to see the end of November.
Where to being, firrst of all, I am still, teetering on the edge of sick. Do you know that feeling? I hate it. A runny nose here, a sore throat there, it makes me want to just curl up in q little ball and cry. But I can't cause you know work, kids, life.
Then of course there was my first attempt at NaNoWrMo...um yeah. Next year I am booking my entire month of November free of social obligations rather than attempting to keep them and write. I did not hit 50,000 words. But I am pretty impressed with my 29,670 that I did get. It is, after all, a huge start on something that I am so far pleased with in a short amount of time. The key is of course to keep moving forward from there.
Which will happen after December because this short blog post alone has taken me three days to write and I am doing it on my phone. I just haven't had a chance to breathe everything is so hectic. And Christmas looms closer with every passing day, which just adds to the to do list. Yipes!
I am sure there is more to tell, I did make a lovely hockey blanket for my mom last week but the pictures are on my camera so it will get it's own post. Eventually.