A to Z Challenge 2018: H






Happiness can be faked.

What?  I know that was what I said at first.  However it really does work.

One of my favourite take aways from Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project is that a part of being happy is acting happy.  Playing the part of what you want to be is advice that people give you all the time in so many areas of life.  Why?  Because it works.  Dress for the job you want, act professional etc.

Acting happier works as well, when you start acting happier you are training your mind to be happier with what you have right in the moment and and it becomes a habit.

Comments

  1. Very good advice! happy people are good to be around, create a nice atmosphere, raise others' spirits which in turn makes for conviviality... it all helps, I do agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, works with me most of the time :)

    Blog: I Will Never Give you UP
    Link: https://haneenwrites.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-last-voyage-hope-atozchallenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma always said, you are what you pretend to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I have to keep that in mind. I am a successful graphic novelist! ;o)

      Delete
  4. that reminds me of fake it till you make it - you 're right we can train ourselves to happiness which is acceptance and feeling good about ourselves whatever is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true. You need to have a positive outlook in life in order to truly happy.
    Visiting from A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I've been wanting to read that book. I really should now that you've brought it to my attention.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recently work was really good, and this is also amazing. I like it and I'll share it with my friends soon. They are also our art group members so they will also love these things....
    proprepandfulfillment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Habbit good earn play bazaar Food and dinner can make you best tip, kirana beverages are helping to Pepsicosatta king Nice One and good game

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making Mac and Cheese

Spooktacular Giveaway Hop

Blood, Boobs & Carnage Blogfest