When we went to Toronto ComiCon in March we pulled together this lovely Doctor Who family Cosplay which I did not get many pictures of. I did get this great one taken with the Doctor Who Society Daleks though.
Synopsis: Pepper McKay comes from a long line of powerful witches. Unfortunately, magic brings her nothing but trouble. She learned the love of wildlife rescue and rehab from her Aunt Ashling. After graduating from college, Pepper works for Salem Wildlife Sanctuary and lives from paycheck to paycheck until she inherits the McKay property in Lobster Cove. With the family land and resources, she dares to dream of starting her own wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center. Lathen Quartz, a former Navy SEAL turned handyman maintains the enchanted McKay property for the McKay estate. But someone is trying to steal the McKay magic. Lathen offers to help Pepper achieve her life-long dream of building a wildlife center. During the long hours spent together on the project, their mutual attraction can’t be denied. But each harbors a deep, dark secret. Will they overcome their demons and give love a chance? Review: I really enjoyed this book, Pepper is a very interestin...
When I was much younger than I am now, I loved nothing more that a good "spooky" story. I spent many nights laying up in bed reading books that were designed to make your skin crawl and leave you with goose bumps. My personal favourite author for Young Adult Thrillers was and probably still is Christopher Pike. Twenty years after reading his books some of them still stand out in my mind in perfect clarity. The top one would be Remember Me. Something about Shari's story struck a chord with me that has echoed through the last twenty years, as any good book should I suppose. Sadly when I was a teenager I didn't hold on to as many books as I do now so I spend a lot of time hunting to replace the ones I really wish I had kept. (Sweet Valley High anyone?) I am giving away a $15 Amazon gift card in the hopes that you can use it to buy a book to be loved as much as I loved this one. a Rafflecopter giveaway This post is part of The Spooktacular Giveaw...
My choice for my first review of the A to Z Challenge is Antler Dust: Antler Dust begins with a bang. Two bangs. On the opening day of the hunting season in the Colorado Flat Tops wilderness, two men go missing. The first is a hunting guide. The second is an animal rights protester who believes his creative suicide will galvanize the animal rights movement. Hunting guide Allison Coil hears a distant rifle shot and sees just enough through the swirling snow to believe somebody knows something-and isn't coming forward. But what exactly did she see? Outfitter George Grumley fends off the formal investigation and works to discourage the informal and persistent inquiries by Coil. Grumley knows no limits in the effort to protect his guide service, which caters to fat-cat clients. Who needs hunting regulations when technology can produce the quickest and most thrilling hunt that money can buy? Okay, Antler Dust is probably no...
Comments
Post a Comment